Acquisitions and Transaction Services
Navigating the complexities of a merger, acquisition, corporate restructuring, sale or financing can place increased demands on you as the business owner or as a capital provider. Our expertise will provide a clear plan to complete major business transactions that are strategically aligned with your growth targets, saving time and costs associated with the deal. With our support, you will avoid surprises, deliver optimal value to your stakeholders and get the deal done.
You have critical decisions to make based on the unbiased advice from a trusted partner. Our advisory services give you the information and direction you need for any buy-sell transaction, succession plan or restructuring including to devise and help execute the plan, determine the asset or share pricing, complete the financing and prepare for negotiations in order to maximize stakeholder returns.
When challenged with financing requirements to expand, to finance an acquisition or to assist in restructuring, we provide comprehensive capital structure advice and financial management tools tailored to your unique situation. Our expertise includes:
- Sourcing the best combination of debt or equity capital
- Capital structure analysis and optimization
- Capital allocation strategy
- Capital expenditures
- Share repurchases
- Offering/lending execution processes and due diligence
- Evaluation of third party financing
- Formulating management buyout options
- Assessment of employment contracts and incentive compensation packages ("C" suite and senior management)
- Post-transaction financial review
As your strategic partner, we will show you how to get the most out of your business. If your company is underperforming or in a crisis, we will provide you with profitability and working capital plans to stabilize your financial and operational performance. Our expertise includes:
- Liquidity forecasts
- Improving cash flow management
- Obtaining additional financing
- Negotiating loan covenant waivers
- Recommendations for operational changes
- Guidance through complex debt and equity restructuring
Time is of the essence when making informed investment decisions to protect the equity or capital at risk. We help to compress transaction cycles and provide investors and lenders with timely and comprehensive information to close the transaction and monitor its investment.
We review the target’s historical and forecast performance and quality of earnings from the perspective of its markets, customers, competitors and internal capabilities, including:
- An understanding of the drivers of historical and forecast performance, including testing assumptions and measuring performance to key financial metrics
- Assessment of customized target investment criteria such as financial ratios, industry concentration, capital strength and management team
- Analysis of the market demand for the business’ specific products/ services
- Analysis of the competitive environment and the target’s competitive position relative to key industry metrics
- Analysis of key customers and the strength of the target’s relationships and contracts
- Evaluation of the return on investment analysis and possible exit strategies
Our collaborative approach is customized to each transaction and investor. Our knowledge of the deal process ensures that we meet our client’s requirement for speed, accuracy and reliability on any due diligence assignment.
NewPoint Capital Partners Inc. is a leading independent mid-market investment banking firm specializing in strategic merger, acquisition, divestiture, private financing, capital restructuring and management buyout. Our partnership with Toronto-based Newpoint uniquely positions us to deliver the essential local market knowledge and presence coupled with NewPoint’s 18-year track record of successful transactions and their national and international reach to financial and strategic markets for mid-size companies. We share a mutual commitment to the delivery of the highest quality service and access to a team of experienced professionals unparalleled in the market. For a complete outline of NewPoint’s services and transaction history, please visit their website at www.newpoint.ca.